JOSÉ JUAN MÁRQUEZ
Jose Juan advises clients on a variety of matters, including succession planning, private foundations, family private trust companies, trust and estate administration, and tax matters. He looks after the affairs of individual clients and corporations, planning all aspects of their structures, including onshore and offshore investments, advising on specific legal issues as well as on commercial and property matters.
Jose Juan is also active in all areas of the firm’s real estate practice, including formation, structuring and related transactions, and real property development.
Chambers Global Panama 2015 and Chambers Latin America Panama 2015 recognized Jose Juan expertise in estate planning; stating, “not only gives theoretical advice, but always considers issues from a practical perspective.” The Legal 500 Panama recognized him in estate planning and real estate stating, “Jose Juan Marquez brings estate planning expertise to the team” and “has a reputation for his specialist advice on transactional, development and environmental matters”.
- “Panama’s New Law of Incentives to Tourism”
- “La Estabilidad Jurídica de las Inversiones” (Juridical Stability of Investments).
- “La Nulidad del Contrato de Seguro en General” (Nullity of the Insurance Contract in General).
- Santa Maria La Antigua University, Panama (LL.B., 1990).
- University of Notre Dame, USA (LL.M, in International Comparative Law 1991).